Friday 16 December 2011

Post Match Analysis - Clash of the Titans



These are excerpts from a post match analysis from the commentary box after the first match "Clash of the Titans" between the Predators and Warriors which the Warriors won by a small margin.

Harsha Bhogle (host): Welcome to "Beyond the Match" for the post match analysis. Accompanying me is young "old man" from New Zealand Danny Morrison.

Danny: Thanks Harsha, FCBlogger (Fictional Cricket Blogger - that is me) told me he cant stop waiting for me to enter the commentary box in any match when he finds out I am in the commentary panel. I feel great he has invited me to co-host "Beyond the Match".

Harsha: Oh cool. But he told me that Danny is a blabbermouth who tries extra hard to sound funny and fails always. Funny, now I find out he thinks different about you.. Silly me..

Danny (giving a very threatening expression which fades away quite quickly): Oh well.. If it had not been for the obscene amount of money he is paying me I would have quit immediately.. (awkward silence for 55.776 seconds).. Now getting back to the match.. What a spectacle it was, wasn't it?

Harsha: Yes it was something never seen before.. Cricketers from different eras in the pinnacle of their form clashing horns out in the middle.. I felt really good to see very underrated but outstanding cricketers from Zimbabwe Andy Flower and Neil Johnson out there.. FCBlogger has sprung a surprise hasn't he?
Danny: Yeah yeah enough about that insolent.. (sighs).. What about Robin Singh who along with Jadeja have won many a match for India when they were not a 1st ranked team by any means right? By the way lets finish fast.. My beer is getting cold.. (wink)

Harsha: Ok, so lets get down to the ground where Sanjay Manjrekar has Zulu (Lance Klusener) out there with him

Sanjay: Hi Lance, so how did you feel playing in a match in which your team does not need 1 run off 4 balls and screwing it up big time?

Zulu: Boy, that was rude.. If one day I catch this FCBlogger I will sue him.. How can he give you such obnoxious lines man, that also for your first interview? By the way, it feels good that we won.. I feel good when I win.. do you?

Sanjay: I guess so.. better ask Arun Lal.. he has answer to everything under the sun.. actually some things over the sun also.. you know what I mean..

Zulu: No!

Sanjay: OK I will explain. for now, back to Mr. Bhogle, hey Harsh by the way.. why did you do MBA if you wanted to be a cricket commentator?

Harsha: Thats none of your business, Mr. Stylish Slow Batsman.. Danny left coz his tea was getting cold.. or was it something else, can't remember.. Now, Ravi Shastri has joined me.. looking good in the suit Ravi..

Ravi: A Six foot handsome guy wearing a suit does look good Harsha.. It was a pleasure witnessing an exhilarating match.. AB de Villiers did play a gem of a knock.. paced his innings perfectly..

Harsha: Yeah yeah whatever.. Laxman Sivaramakrishnan is pestering me since 2 minutes by making inexplicable noises in the microphone.. wonder who he has caught hold off?

Laxman: Yeah finally.. I have Marcus Trescothick with me.. So Marcus how was it playing an international match after such a long hiatus.. FCBlogger keeps telling me how much he missed those days when you played for England and the combination of your delectable drives and the murderous pulls.. 

Trescothick: Yeah feels great to come back and play an international match.. But I feel good playing for Somerset too.. It was a pleasure to meet all the players.. Thanks..

Laxman: Back to you, Harsha..

Harsha: Thanks Laxman for sparing me by not making that noise again.. Ravi do you think Test Cricket is losing "popularity" because of the influx of T20 cricket?

Ravi: No man, I talked to Test Cricket.. she has kept "popularity" in her cupboard.. so no chance of losing it.. Curse FCBlogger for asking me to crack a PJ for the first time in my life.. No but seriously Test Cricket is the pinnacle and FCBlogger does plan to include exciting test matches in the menu..

Harsha: Talking about the menu, it reminds me.. by what time does the 0.5 star hotel in which we are staying (FCBlogger: 5 star hotels are much beyond my budget) serve dinner.. its already 10 PM and I'm starving.. 

Ravi: Oh I already had my dinner Harsha.. you better hurry..

Harsha (Cursing FCBlogger with words beyond the scope of this blog): See you next time folks after the match.. Hey cab driver.. wait.. nooooooooooooo....

Regards,
Fictional Cricket Blogger

4 comments:

  1. Nice funny and thoughtful Blog Pankaj :)
    Sanjay's question to Zulu was surreal.
    Though I thought you were a bit nice to all of them.(I know thats(being nice) your character too).
    All of them except Harsha deserve to be screwed bigtime in satire/sarcastic blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it didn't seem it was ur 1st article......keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done panku !!!as always... ur always one among the million....soo taleneted....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for the comments.. really appreciate it.. keeps my spirits up for more interesting stuff..

    ReplyDelete